Have a Happy, Green New Year!!










Friday, January 22, 2010

I LOVE Philadelphia, Espescially the Architecture


I love Philadelphia. I love architecture. I love people. I especially love Philadelphia's architecture. I also love to breathe. When you love something, you dedicate yourself and your work to making it better. In college, I combined these loves as I studied sustainable architecture, urban planning and worked and did an internship with the Clean Air Council in an effort to help people and the environment.

As with many first loves, we leave them but if it's true love, we always return. I left Philadelphia for a season. I returned and I will probably never leave again. As the rap artist Mos Def says in his song Brooklyn, "I love my city, sweet & gritty..." That's me!

Another first love is the environment. I have been an environmental advocate for more than 15 years and I have dedicated my studies, work and practices toward design and sustainability. At times I have wavered but the mindset has always been here. I have so much pride in seeing the efforts that are now promoted towards sustainable design.

I continue to have pride in my city. I am happy to see all the positive changes taken place in Philadelphia. I love the Greenworks plan and the city's efforts towards the environment. My company's mission is to help change the aesthetics of blighted urban communities through providing quality and sustainable design solutions, building planning and efficient construction services. My 2010 goals include helping Philadelphia become the greenest city in the nation.

I had even more happiness today when I read about the new LEED Law.http://whyy.org/cms/news/regional-news/2010/01/19/philadelphia-mayor-signs-energy-efficiency-law/28265
I am happy to see that the city has again stepped up its efforts towards being even more green and sustainable. Felicia Middleton and Urban Aesthetics is dedicated to the cause.
We are a W/MBE certified business offering green design and permit services. We have a professional LEED consultant to help you get your building certified. We offer green design and we are a committed green business in practices and services.

Phone: 215-776-8795
info@urbanaestheticsdesigns.com
http://urbanaestheticsdesigns.com/